Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Soul Coughing 3.

______________________

Current Music:
Artist: Iron & Wine.

Song(s): Upward Over The Mountain.

Album(s): The Creek Drank The Cradle.


_______________________



I don't have a lot to update you on today... but I'm trying to keep consistent with this blog. So, I'll ramble on anyway. :)


Job hunting begins today. I've definitely been putting it off more than I should... but I don't drive. So getting places for work will be a problem. However, we've got a few restaurants that I could basically walk to in ten minutes. So, I'll deal with that for now. I want to start getting some cash flow so I can save up for things like a car and a nice SLR. (And believe it or not, I'd much rather have the SLR. And the sooner the better!)

On Thursday I have an appointment at Tulsa Tech. Center for Photography Technology. I'm really, really, really excited. I want to major in some sort of Photojournalism when I go off to college, so this class will really benefit me. Plus, I'll be able to get the elective credits that I need by going to Tech. So it's a win-win, even if I don't end up sticking with Photojournalism in the end.

I started writing a book of sorts on Sunday. I have an idea that I think could really end up being a fantastic fictional story if I stick with it... and I plan to stick with it. It's centered around the scripture in Alma (Book of Mormon) which says this: "Do not suppose, because it has been spoken concerning restoration, that ye shall be restored from sin to happiness. Behold, I say unto you, wickedness never was happiness." I was really inspired by that, and my mind just kind of formed this whole plot. I've been writing bits and pieces of it frequently since I first got the idea, and I'm interested in seeing where I go with it.


Anyway. So that's what up for now; Lots of new exciting opportunities and things to start. Hopefully it all goes well!










Goodbye for now!








[Photo Credit: Andrew Hefter Photography]

No comments: