Sunday, March 7, 2010

Soul Coughing 6.

______________________

Current Music:
Artist: Bon Iver.

Song(s): The Wolves (Act I and II)

Album(s): For Emma, Forever Ago.


_______________________







"Dear Ashley,

Congratulations on your admission to Tulsa Tech! You have been selected for the afternoon session of Photography Technology at the Lemley campus for the 2010-2011 school year. By choosing Tulsa Tech you join other students ready to acquire expertise, confidence, and work ethic for tomorrow's top careers and professions.
Tulsa Tech's programs feature the newest and best technology and equipment in state-of-the-art facilities with curriculum taught by industry experienced educators. You now have the opportunity to stay one step of the competition by earning critical business and industry certifications, credentials, required licenses, and college credits..."


I'm so very excited to start this next school year. With this impressive admission under my belt, it makes my Senior year that much more exciting. (I say impressive because this is one of the most highly demanded classes at Tulsa Tech. Only 44 students are admitted, 22 for morning session and 22 for afternoon. Nineteen of those spots were already automatically filled by transfer students from other states. They look specifically at grades and attendance records, and also listen to recommendations by your teachers. Several friends of mine who also applied were either rejected or put on a wait list for this class, so I'm very pleased.)

In other exciting news, I was informed on Thursday night that I will be graduating early. For my Senior year, school starts in August 2010 and goes through May 2011. A normal Senior would go to school all the way through those months and be done by May. But due to my grades and the credits I will gain in the future, I will graduate in October 2010. This means that I will have no reason to attend the high school during the day from October to May. I will spend the extra time that I'll have working, or possibly going to the community college. My afternoon will, of course, be spent at Tulsa Tech. I'll still walk with my class in May like normal, still be able to attend prom, etc... I just won't attend classes.

I'm so happy with the possibilities this presents me with. I've really taken the initiative to catch up and decide that I want to turn my high school path into something better than what I started out with. I credit my Church and my aunt very much with this change of heart and mind... and look where it's gotten me. :) I'm well on my way to getting a fabulous education that will benefit me for the rest of my life, and I couldn't be happier!







Ciao for now!


[Photo Credit: Andrew Hefter Photography]

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I'm really so proud of you Ashley. This photography program will be such a great opportunity for you. I'm excited to see what you learn!